Sunday 21 February 2016

sanderson mad-hatters afternoon tea

Have you ever watched Alice in Wonderland and dreamed of becoming Alice and running away down that rabbit hole?

Well I basically did the next best thing, just off of Oxford street you can step into a magical world of teeny tiny sandwhiches, pocket watch macaroons, ladybird red velvet cakes and splendid cups of queen of hearts tea.
The Sanderson is one of the most beautiful hotels i've ever stepped foot into, having been twice before, it literally wows me everytime as much as that very first time I stepped through those unique doors.
 The interiors are quirky & unique, as soon as you walk through the door you are greeted by a huge pair of cushiony red lips and a swinging chair suspended from the ceiling - literally the best props for instagram photos ;)
The Mad Hatters Tea takes place in the ever so beautiful courtyard garden, with the most calming waterfall and marble tables adorned with piteresque themed crockery by Luna and Curious, literally every bloggers dream! 
To begin with is the savoury treats, scottish smoked salmon, quail and caviar scotch egg which is out of this world tasty, and caviar is not what I expected atall, its actually really sweet and lovely, the wiltshire ham and smoked applewood croque-monsieur was absolutely to die for, I couldve literally eaten these over and over, sneakily we ordered extra (hint, they do not offer you extra but are aloud to ask for more)!

Moving onto the most important course, the delectable puddings, seriously I have never tasted sweet treats quite like it, my favourite would have to be either the vanilla scones with clotted cream and fruit preserve or the white rabbits pocket watch macaroon, a delicate white chocolate and coffee flavour!


During your time at the tea party, you can help yourself to as many cups of the beautiful fragrant flavoured tea as you like.. considering how much of tea fan I am this definitely went down well in my books, the fruity leaf teas were just as delicous as everything else, my favourite was Alice - China black tea infused with blackcurrants, vanilla, caramel and citrus.

As im sure you can tell by now how much I literally love this experience, if you ever considered venturing out for an afternoon tea date, please do make this top of the list for places to go.
Such an experience for all ages, I cannot reccomend it highly enough, infact ive just booked again for this years Mothers day treat, I really hope she loves it as much as I do!

Frankieboo xo


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love your blog for starters and the fact you've also nailed YouTube is annoying, haha! Love this post and I think I'm going to have to check this out, thanks for putting this out there because it looks absolutely brilliant. I'm glad you had a lovely time, x

    http://graceoliviablog.co
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou Grace, althought I wouldnt quite go as far as nailing Youtube, I have a long way to go yet ;) xxx

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! Im loving the cute little macaroon clocks :D
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! They're cute but taste better than they look ;) x

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig