Monday 23 September 2013

Revlon Photoready Skinlights - Face Illuminator..

Afternoon my lovelies, how is your bright and sunny monday going? Im currently at home today as ive come down with an awful cold and sickness fluey bug and feel absolutely awful so im dedicating today to being lazy, drinking tea and blogging from under the blanket :(

Ive been wanting to write a post about this for a while as the product has been sitting in my stash for a while now but i never really knew how to use it so i wanted to test it out first so i knew exactly how it worked so i could tell all you wonderful girls (and the occasional boy) about it :)


I decided to purchase the colour 'Pink Rose 200' as it was my favourite shade from them all and i wanted it more as a highlighter than a bronzing product, the shades you can pick up currently are:

100 Bare Light
200 Pink Light
400 Bronze Light


The above 2 photos are from the beautiful Kaye's Post:http://beautifulkayekie.com/2013/05/29/revlon-skinlights-are-back-in-photoready-form/ here, as her swatches are unreal and she has all the colours to show you and the most informative post out there on these delights, she shows you how to apply them, where and how to :)

After reading Kaye's blog post i realized how much i actually now want all of the shades as you can really works wonders on the face with all them if you know how to correctly apply them, although for now i am very happy with the shade i picked up.

Swatch on my hand above, you can see my skin colouring and how pretty it looks even on a pale toned skin.

Pink Light is a champagne toned highlight, it reminds me of the MAC Strobe Cream with a pinkier tone to it, its beautiful as a cheek and brow bone highlight over makeup just light buffed on the skin with my Mac contour brush or a Real Techniques contour brush as the are slightly tapered meaning you can really work the product into the smallest of areas, i also love to run this over the nose and on the cupids bow to really accentuate the lips, infact i used this on one of my clients last weekend for her birthday party and it looked absolutely beautiful with her complexion!

'My client, makeup done by me*'

My favourite way to use this product is to actually mix it in with my foundation, my favourite product to use is the YSL Touche Eclat, as it has radiance properties in its own formula so mixing it with a small amount of the Skin-lights gives the most flawless, radiant, dewy finish you could ever imagine, it really is the most beautiful way of applying the Skin-lights to the face and then adding touches of it in the areas i explained above over the top just to set it off, in the photo above i applied the skin-lights to my client with the YSL foundation and you can see how it gives a lovely peachy glow without looking heavy or cakey, they actually blend really well together making the formula really easy to apply!

There are a few downsides to the product, and that is, if you have large pores, scarring, etc the product can tend to reveal these slightly, so on myself as i do suffer with this i just apply it as a highlight rather than on my whole face, it can also make oily skin types looker 'oilier' so a powder is needed with this!

Overall im absolutely in love with the Skin-lights and as soon as i recover from this horrid illness i will be straight off to my local drugstore to pick up the other two as i definitely want to re-create the look from Kaye's blog post!

Hope your all having a wonderful day and dont forget to let me know what youtube videos you would like me to film as i am starting them this week :)

Lots of love, Frankie xXx

P.s I have a new facebook page for you all, search Frankie Boo Blog and like the page for more regular updates and photos from me :)
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. It is looking so good , i'll try it for sure..
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! I have nominated you for the liebster award all the info about it is in my newest blog post xx

    thebudgetbuyer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, skin looks flawless *.* Love highlighters!

    passingfancyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh your skin looks absolutely flawless! I definitely need to try these, the pink shade it definitely for me. Lovely blog by the way :) you now have a new follower! I would love if you could check out my blog.

    xx

    >>>Fashion-Nerdette<<<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't me in the photo it's a client I did at the weekend, if only my skin was that clear :( thank you lovely xxx

      Delete
  5. This looks a good idea, will have to give it ago.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skin looks amazing! I love the look of pink light - I might have to try and get my hands on it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately its not my skin, its my clients from the weekend whos makeup i did :( xxx

      Delete
  7. Wow that looks so flawless!! I likey!

    Helen X

    www.allthebeautifulthings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing!
    Love your blog <3
    http://aimerose.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd definitely like to give pink light a go, it look like such a lovely base.

    http://graceoliviablog.co
    x

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig