Friday 27 September 2013

High Coverage Foundations.. Double Wear VS Derma-Blend..

I think i've tried possibly every foundation out there, too light, too dewy, cakey, not enough coverage, anything sound familiar?

Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Coverage £28.50 & Vichy Derma-Blend £15.50

These two beauties, the current 'high coverage' foundation favourites have finally graced my face, but what they are like in terms of covering up my acne scarring?

For a whole day i wore both of these foundations, Double Wear on one half and Derma-Blend on the other, i wanted to put them to the test literally 'side by side' and see how good they really held up!

Excuse the wonderful hairband and messy bun, i had been out all day and needed to throw my hair up :)

DW Maximum Coverage - Camouflage Makeup is described as: Soothing, natural-looking, liquid-creme makeup for concealing all skin imperfections, including surgical and acne scars, birthmarks, sun spots and varicose veins.


DW Maximum coverage is a higher coverage foundation to its predecessor the 'original' double wear foundation, as you can see from the photo it is VERY high coverage, it literally covers my tattoo completely in one application so you can see how well it will work on scars etc, this is an absolutely lovely foundation to wear, considering im usually someone who hates 'heavy coverage' foundations because of the consistency and thickness to them, this is absolutely nothing like that, it actually feels really light on the skin, as you need hardly any of the product for it actually to work, so it doesn't leave you with that cakey feeling, and you dont look like you actually have a ton of product on your face for it to actually be covering anything.

DB Cosmetique Corrective is described as: a range of camouflage coverage product for irregular skin tone, redness, minor acne scars, enlarged pores, dark circles and pigmentation disorders.


DB is not as heavy coverage as the DW, i mean it is very high in terms of coverage but with a lighter consistency meaning it is easier to sheer out than DW, if you prefer a sheer finish with good coverage than this is definitely the one out of the two for you, i thought this wouldve been my favourite out of them both but actually i suprisingly prefer the DW just because the coverage and feel is second to none, dont get me wrong this foundation looks beautiful on the skin and in the photos you cant really tell much difference, but after wearing them side by side for a whole day this one just didnt stand up compared to the DW.


Close up of my skin wearing both the foundations, you can see how well they cover any scarring, i know you can see my pores and dipping in the skin from having previous acne but my whole reasons for trying these out was solely to see the coverage and not filling pores etc (although both do a very good job at those).


Overall i do absolutely love the coverage they both give but if i had to choose one of these to use as a foundation to really cover up scarring and a multitude of sins i would hands down choose Double Wear, it lasted on my skin for the whole day without budging, smearing or looking cakey, my skin looks, in my opinion 'healthy' and awakend, dont get me wrong the Derma-Blend did match pretty on par, but there just was too many good things i could say about the DW that made it stand out as a winner for me.

If your looking for a high coverage foundation then i would 100% recommend trying these out as there are two price points there you can choose from so you dont have to spend an absolute fortune if you dont want to, they are both fantastic foundations and i would say they are worth there weight in gold if youve been searching for a the 'miracle' product that finally covers up everything youve been trying to hide for years, from acne scars to rosacea and post surgery bruising, these will be without a doubt your holy grail foundation for a life time..

I hope you enjoyed this post as much as i enjoyed testing it out and writing up.

Have any of you tried these foundations, if so what are your thoughts on them? Let me know :)

Lots of Love Frankie :)

Thought id leave you with a geeky photo of me, i dont share many photos of my face so here i am :D xXx


SHARE:

27 comments

  1. I'm feeling the urge to try out the DW now! I love Estee Lauder lipsticks and am looking for a good foundation... Might just be the perfect time!
    Awesome post!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, even if you try the usual double wear rather than the maximum coverage, im in love :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This is such a helpful post fir me.. I have so many acne sacrs and need a full conerafe long lasting foundation.. I am going to buy double wear..
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this post! I love reading about new foundations! I'm always scared to buy a new foundation because I'm never sure how good they actually are! amazing post, followed ox

    http://ronnielodge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i love your blog lovely, keep it up <3

    http://itskendle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi frankie, they both look great! I'm about to purchase the double wear max cover the assistant in the shop I went to was wonderful and was with me for 45 mins showing me the best way to cover acne. What colour dw are you wearing? She put it over my whole face and I left the shop looking so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya, im wearing 01 cream ivory :) it really is an amazing foundation, im wearing it now :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got matched up to creamy vanilla and not sure if its slightly too dark! So hard to decide as the cream ivory was a bit light xx

      Delete
  7. When the foundation oxidises it turns a little darker thats why i went for the cream ivory :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the creamy vanilla as when she put half creamy ivory on my face I looked washed out I love you're blog you've really helped me xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you buy it? Yay :D I'm really pleased I've helped out :) xxxxx

      Delete
    2. Yes I did! I asked again and the assistant put the lighter one on my face and it was too pinky! So I did get creamy vanilla combined with my illamasqua skin base lift it looks amazing and stays in place with my primer. The skin base lifts are amazing concealer well worth a try! Great coverage. Your blog is great xxx

      Delete
    3. Hello again! On my blog I've posted a couple of pictures of how it looks its called 'Courts little things' xx

      Delete
  9. This is a really great comparative review! Although in general I'm not a fan of full cover foundations for during the day as I find them uncomfortable to wear, I recently purchased DW for nights out and I'm really liking it! It doesn't budge!

    overdosedemaquillage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a helpful review, I was debating over which one to get out of these two for a while! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing about trying the dermablend foundation for a while now, but I have quite dry skin and tend to find thick high coverage foundations dry it out, still tempted to give it a go though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy two versions of the dermablend, the liquid and the stick form. The liquid version is the one I tested and it's not drying atall, it's actually quite dewy, whereas the stick form I think tends to be quite drying :)

      Delete
  12. I haven't tried either of these - I only have the stick vichy dermablend but it is too heavy on my skin all over but it is great as a concealer :)

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I find that with the stick version too, I would tend to use it as a concealer as it is very heavy :) xxx

      Delete
  13. Nice Post!!!

    Hallo,
    ich würde gerne eure Produkte testen und darüber auf meinem Blog
    berichten:

    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    Ich würde mich sehr über eine Zusammenarbeit freuen.
    LG Jeannette Lorenz

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my doublewear but I find even the lightest shade is too dark on my pale skin :(
    Linda x

    http://beautyhotsquad.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I've not tried either of these products, I've been using benefits hello flawless foundation over the past year or so as it's the best colour match I've found. These look great :)

    Meimei xx

    www.meimeisays.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im yet to try the benefit hello flawless, is it any good? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing review, will definitely be recommending this to my friends with scarring!

    Love your blog, new follower

    Stevie | www.stevieheartsmakeup.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your skin looks amazing. Doublewear is waterproof and comes in more shades. I use to work for Estee Lauder and it was the heaviest coverage of all of the foundations (ie. Doublewear Maximum Cover). What primer do you use with your foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thankyou! I wish it was without all the slap on haha! I'm currently using bare minerals prime time but on the hunt for a new one :))

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig