Thursday 22 August 2013

My Evening Skin-care Routine, and Guest Blogger..

Hello my wonderful followers, I have written a guest blog for Helen from Beautiful Things blog, as she is away on holiday and asked a few of us if we would like the opportunity to write for her whilst she is relaxing with her family, of course i jumped at the choice as i love getting the chance to write for other people, it just means i get to share my blog via hers and vice versa, also i get the chance to meet even more of you bloggers out there!

So my guest post is all about my evening skin-care routine,you can read this post below, or over at her blog: http://babybeautifulmummy.blogspot.co.uk/ this is a continuation on from my morning skin-care routine post a few posts back!


Firstly i light my lavender candle by Rituals, this scents the room with a lovely sleepy lavender smell, preparing me for bedtime!


I cleanse my face with the Lancome - Galateis Douche cleanser, it does a thorough job of removing all my makeup and dirt from the day off, sometimes i will double cleanse so i know everything has been thoroughly swept away, i follow this step with the Lancome - Tonique Douche toner, there are so many people out there who believe toner is one of the useless products that companies make you believe you have to buy, when in fact you dont need it, i definitely dis-agree with this statement, im prone to adult acne and when i havent used a toner it makes my skin flare up as i think without it your skin is too greasy from the previous products mixing with moisturizer, i love to use toner as it really refreshes your face after removing your makeup and calm everything down ready for you next step..



Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Serum.
Serum is another step alot of people dont think you need but i would highly reccomend it, you apply around 2-3 drops of this all over your face before you apply your moisturizer, introducing this into my nightly routine has made a huge difference to my face, i wake up with firm, plumped skin with a radiant glow!


I then apply my moisturizer, the one i have been loving at the moment is Origins - Gin-zing, a lovely lightweight formula which literally smells like Terrys Chocolate Orange, so dangerous to smell this before bed but i makes it so heavenly apply!


I then apply a little Clinique - Anti Blemish Solution to any acne that has popped up on my face, dab a little amount onto your finger and then onto the targeted area, this is a really good treatment, but only use this on the area needed or it dries out the skin!


Eye cream is something i have been aiming to get into recently as i read an interesting article in the Daily Mail, explaining how a woman had to undergo eye surgery, and when she was on the operating table, they cut into her eye and all the fluid she had applied there for years leaked out as they had the wrong formulations in them for the eye area and just sat on top of the skin, totally gross so im avoiding any substance not made for around that delicate area!

I really like both of these, Llocitane - Ultra Riche Eye Balm & Soap and Glory - You Wont Believe Your Eyes.

Lastly on my face i use a lip balm to intensly hydrate my lips overnight, i wear alot of lipsticks during the day so these can be very drying on the lips, night-time is when your skin does most of its repairing process so this is the best time to get my lips into shape for the following day!


I apply a small amount of Moroccan Oil/Light to my hair depending on how dry its gotten, and if its in need of a good cut, i brush this through with my Tangle Teezer and plait my hair so it doesnt get too knotty overnight, this also helps lock in the oil into the hair, allowing it to penetrate the follicles!



This may seem like a really long drawn out process to be doing before bed, but once you've done it for a few days your body adjusts to it and im done within a few minutes, blow out my candle and off to sleep for me!
I really hope you all liked my guest post, and if you would like to read more of my posts please dont forget to follow :)

Lots of love, Frankie xXx
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I love taking my make-up off at night just so I can do evening skincare routine!

    Am I right in saying you did a fashion course?

    Abbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abbie, yes i did , it was about 3-4 years ago now :)

    How comes you ask :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noticed in an old post something about a fashion course :)! Caught my eye as I have just finished my degree in fashion

      x

      Delete
  4. You have very good products. I like your blog. Maybe you can visit my blog and follow me on GFC and bloglovin.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying to try some origins products! Everyone seems to be raving about this particular one. Lovely review!
    New follower
    xo
    www.cestunejolievie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely is a brand i reccomend, next on my list is the charcoal mask :) thankyou love il be sure to check your blog out :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the post! i have just found you and followed you, would be amazing if you could do the same! looking forward to more posts! x


    beautyabouttown.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! I want to use an eye cream after hearing that story :|
    Thanks for your comment on my blog :) xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love clinique products! And I can't be without my tangle teezer!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx

    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the follow hun!
    would you recommend the cliniqie?xxxx

    pastelsandpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love moroccann oil,does my hair wonders! would be great if you could check out my blog X

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Pastels and polkadots, yea its really good stuff, my spots are literally gone if i put this on overnight :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will definitely invest in it in the future! would you mind looking at my blog, im doing a review in the next couple of days<3

    www.pastelsandpolkadots.blogpost

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course my love il head over there now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your post. Thank you for sharing................

    Scholl Sandals

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is necessary to remove make-up to keep skin healthy and clean especially at night when we sleep.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig