Thursday 22 August 2013

My MAC Lipstick/lipgloss Collection..


I always see these posts around the blogger world and love looking through everyones collections, i love seeing what colours people have gone for and to get a different perspective of the lipsticks away from the stores, i feel like whenever you look at them all in a store you can be overwhelmed because they all look so similar next to each other when they are all very different (some people would disagree with this, but i guess they dont do makeup! "All those pink lipsticks are completely different shades, can you not tell?"


So as you can see i love my lipsticks/lipglosses/lipbalms i genuinely feel that no make-up look is complete without one of the above, you can really transform the overall look of a face from a pop of pink, or a sultry deep purple lip, this is my personal collection above, i do work as a freelance make-up artist away from my full time job in which i have another collecion of products i use (hence why there are two de-potted lipsticks in the collection as i loved them too much not to put them in my personal collection).

To me there are so many different shades there, they're all so different, especially when you see them swatched :)




Ive tried to photograph them in order, i hope you can see which one is which in relevance to the swatches?




I genuinely feel like MAC have the best lip products around, the pigmentation of the is always incredible, even on the nudest shades the colour is so vivid with only one swipe over the lips, if i could i would have every single shade in the collection (along with the MAC stand too, imagine how cool that would look on your dressing table).

What are your favourite MAC shades, and do you have any reccomendations for me, i would love to hear about your choices?
P.s you can also visit my facebook: Frances Clarke Makeup & my website www.francesclarkemua.co.uk for more information about my makeup artistry services :)

Speak soon, Frankie xXx
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Just found your blog, I love it! Followed :) I'm quite envious of your lipstick collection :)
    http://lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thankyou for following my love, it is very extensive haha! i do love a good lippie :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. some of these colors look so bold and daring, but gems to have in a collection! i totally get what you mean by "they're all different!" i don't own any but if i were to pick one up i think i'd get the color brave!

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do love a bold lip :) oo il have to check that one out i dont think ive seen tha one xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW , ur a makeup artist.. :) how cool.. And u have huge makeup collection..,
    Love your mac collection..,
    A small tip i need , i am very scared to use shadows so either ho without shadows or use one shade on lid and creas and just hilight a bit...
    Plz suggest some nice drugstore shadow pallet (nutral shades) which ate easy to work with. Looking forward tonyour reply

    Dont forget to enter my giveaway.
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/08/my-bday-ahai-shopping-giveaway.html
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am indeed, only freelance though i dont do it fulltime as where i live doesnt scream for makeup artists but id love to do it fulltime in the future!

    The MUA Heaven and Earth palette is amazing, the pigmentation of the shadows is so good, using a light shade as a base, then add slowly a darker shade on the crease of the eyelid and blend out using a small shadow brush (good brushes: ELF do really good brushes which are very reasonably priced)
    If you still cant get along with these try the maybelline colour tattoos, they are very easy to use as you said, they give one wash of colour, but look soo pretty!
    Hope this helps you, email me if you want for more information: 3wildxx@gmail.com im always happy to help :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! I'm feeling serious lipstick envy :)
    If you feel like checking out the parts of my stash that I've shared (unfortunately, no MAC), take a peek over here http://smilingridm.blogspot.com/search/label/lipstick

    Ingrid @ smilingrid

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Loving the violet lippy! Your blog looks great too :-)

    http://ramblingofabeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo many lipstick! I only have 5 and I always forget to use them, lol. But I do agree with you on how the colour can transform your entire look.

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm following back now. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I really love the purple shade! I'm always looking for a good purple lipstick! New follower from the blog hop by the way :)

    shadowlinergirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally agree with the comment about the lippies looking similar, we've been wanting to buy MAC lipsticks for aaages but just find looking in the shop so overwhelming & confusing eek! This is really helpful & we'll definitely be buying one soon. We're new to the blogging world so would love it if you could check out our blog!
    Lucy & Milly xxx

    www.pastelsandpolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Pretty Bright Lipstick Collection, I have more neutral pinks than yours on MAC, :))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought both rihanna's new Mac lipsticks, they look so simular. Great post though:)



    http://thouvanity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig