Sunday 6 October 2013

Beauty Haul.. House of Fraser, Boots & Lush..

So id tweeted a few days ago asking what primers/setting sprays you all recommended, id been on the hunt for some new ones as my current bits just weren't working that well for me, i dont know if its to do with the weather but my make-up just isnt staying on my skin, it doesnt matter what foundation i wear it just comes off and im left patchy at the end of the day :(


The majority of people that replied kept saying to go for the Urban Decay setting sprays which was infact the ones i had my eyes on already, ive been previously using Mac Fix+ which dont get me wrong i absolutely LOVE it, it just leaves me looking to dewy for this time of year which i think isnt helping my makeup stay on very well.


I decided to go for the Chill setting spray as it sets your makeup perfectly but doesnt matte out the skin, it still leaves you looking fresh and not overly dewy, but gives a healthy glow without being shiney, i tried this out the past few days and i have to say my makeup has'n't budged, not even in the slightest, i even wore it last night and my makeup was still completely intact after going to a gig and a club (yes i know i actually ventured out for once in my life instead of playing cat lady at home with my blanket and a cup of tea)

The primer i had already kind of decided on as ive been wanting to give this a go ever since i saw Boots had started stocking it, the SmashBox Photo-ready primer is oil and paraben free, i liked the idea of this, once applied to your face it literally sinks into the skin, completely disguising any pores on your face leaving you with a lovely smooth base ready to apply your foundation, concealer etc.


I purchased the smaller 12ml sized primer incase i didnt like it, this is currently in Boots for £12.50 which i think is a really good price for a SmashBox product, and its also the first time ive tried something from the brand :)


This little orangey goodness caught my eye, its a shower brush, anyone who knows me knows i have a serious hair product addiction and anything that can be used in the shower to help smoothand de-tangle my wild mane is a huge bonus, i had never seen these before and i think the fact it was orange helped sway me into buying it as im obsessed with the bloody colour :)


I also really like Denman products, i have a teezer brush from them and it gives the best volume out of any brush ive ever used, they have such good quality brushes so i trust this will be just as good!


Another product again ive been wanting for ages but could never justify the £5.50 price tag for a small tub of basically sugar you could make yourself at home, but the last few weeks my lips have been dryer than normal and frankly im too lazy to make my own haha, the smell of this is divine, literally sweet bubblegum goodness in a jar, plus you can use the product straight from the pot and lick of the remains which is good for a little sweet tooth lover like me!

I must say its really helped the condition of my lips and they look much plumper and more alive again now, i use this before bed and then apply the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Balm over the top and i wake up with beautiful soft lips ready for the day ahead :)

Hope you've all had a good weekend, mine has been super busy with work and actually going out for once, im now very sleepy and will be reverting back to my usual cat lady self and lazing with Samuel and the cats watching a film.

Let me know what youve all been upto and if you've brought any goodies this week?

lots of love, Frankie xXx
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I wasn't a fan of the smash box primer it made my skin break out but it is amazing! I'm currently using the Daniel Sandler retexturising primer which is also oil free and no parablens or sillicone but also has saciylic acid in my make up hasn't gone patchy at all and I only use a pea size amount for my whole face. But it needs a few mins at least to set or make up doesn't go on well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo i really like the sound of that, the fact it has salicylic acid in it definitely makes me want to try that out, its basically skincare and primer in one go :) Thanks for telling me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yhh it's got a lovely texture! SPF 20 too. The smash box I use on nights out as it's amazing! My make up stays in place all night I don't take any extra make up with me :) my skin is a lot clearer I've been using it a week or so with my double wear max cover my bf says I look much better haha even he noticed. Love all your posts xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im definitelyyyy going to have a hunt on the internet for it now, im also really wanting one of his watercolour blushes so might have to do a little order ;) Thankyou lovely, its so nice to hear good things xxxx

      Delete
    2. Yhh one of those are next on my list! Xxxx

      Delete
  4. I didn't see your tweet...but if I would have..I would have recommended Becca's Resurfacing Primer as a very good "Stay Put Primer". I don't really have trouble with my makeup staying but so sometimes I basically I use one for added radiance and hydration, but when I know it's going to be a long day, going out, photos, etc. It is my Go to Primer for making my makeup "Stay Put". I will do a Post on it this week...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no now im on a primer wish list haha, ive never heard of this one either so im going to do a little research, il definitely check out your post once its up, let me know :) xxxx

      Delete
  5. That shower brush looks awesome! I had the bubblegum lip scrub. I think its still somewhere in my drawers, but I had to stop using it because I found the taste getting sickening :-( stupid nausea :-(

    Rachael x
    All The Little Things x | Rachael McClenaghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im yet to try it, i need to wash my hair so will probably try it now :) Oh no not nice, it is lovely but i can definitely see why it would make you feel sick as it is very sweet!
      xxxxx

      Delete
  6. Love the bubblegum scrub :) really want to try the UD setting spray.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's definitely worth the money, it really works :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey hun you have grabbed some great goodies here!

    i love smashbox primer its been a god send for me and i have the de-slick version of teh UD setting spray which i love to bits, hope you like them too.

    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk



    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Lush lip scrub is so good, my lipstick literally won't go on without it! And I love the idea of putting it on with the Eight Hour cream :)

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im in love with my eight hour lip balm :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lush lip scrub your post reminded me that I need to get more! haha Thanks :) Great post!

    http://luvabellcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice review! i wonder how bubble gum lipscrub taste? Is it really taste like bubble gum and yummy? Aaaaah I'm gong to try it too, thanks for your info dear.

    Please kindly visit: http://sweetlikeapeach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells exactly like bubblegum and tastes like sweet sugary goodness :) xxxx

      Delete
  13. I love the LUSH lip scrub!! I have it in Sweet Lips and it is super yummy!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com
    youtube.com/beautybykendrac

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig